Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Discharge

It has been a while since I have posted to here and this is because I have been waiting for one final thing - my discharge from all fertility treatment. I managed to get this last week and the feeling of relief was immense. I could have skipped out of the clinic, out of the hospital and away from the last 3 years of my life. I did feel a bit sorry for my consultant, it was almost like he didn't want me to go but he was out of options that I was prepared to consider and that means there was no other path for him to follow. It was a comfort to me that I had accepted the necessity and could smile about it.

We managed to celebrate that evening - a home cooked meal and a glass of wine might not seem like the best celebration but it was like turning back time to before. I know that nothing will erase the memory of the journey we have undertaken but my hope is that, given time, it can become fuzzy and the pain of it all will lessen. I am also hopeful that the 'old me' will be back to stay - the me that can enjoy life and see the positives. The me that wants to get out of bed in the morning and wants to see what excitment the day brings.

So, our next step is us waiting to receive an initial appointment with the Local Authority Adoption Service Social Worker - we are waiting for a call back as I type and I can't wait to get the ball rolling and moving onwards towards the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment