Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween + Bonfire Night

Halloween seems to divide the people around me - some love it and take their kids treat and treating with all the costumes and others don't quoting things like 'it's an American tradition' and 'it's begging'.

I am not sure where I sit. I can see the fun. I don't mind where the tradition started, it has been around a long time. But it could be seen as begging and I would never go to house that I didn't know the occupants or that I wasn't expected.


This year the children did get dressed up - a werewolf and a bat based princess type. They love dressing up or all types and so do I so every opportunity has to be encouraged. We visited Nanny and Grandad and that was the total of treat or treat. We also enjoyed pumpkin carving and they loved seeing them all lit up in our garden. But on the weekend we did a little more - a little bonfire to clean some of the garden rubbish, a few little fireworks and some sparklers. I love a sparkler and did partake in writing my name with it (as well as carefully supervising the children) and they loved them as well. I can't remember doing anything last year for them, it might have been that youngest was just too young but hopefully this year made up for it a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment