Thursday, April 28, 2016

Party Time


It has taken me a little while to write this because at the time I felt genuinely hurt and rejected.


We celebrate another birthday last month, round 4 since the smalls came home (over 3 years ago!) and it wasn't as great as I had hoped. Everyone who up nice and early so smallest could open presents before school with a plan that once I got home from work we would have cake as a family and then she could open presents from other family members. It wasn't that great because she decided she couldn't wait and by the time I got home everything had been opened and it left me feeling pretty rejected plus awful for asking her to wait because I have to work.

In the end, after a few tears (mainly mine) we did have cake (just a little plan chocolate cake before the Frozen cake she will share with everyone at her party) and candles and we played her new 'telling the time' game before bed time. My evening was then spent putting a couple of Lego kits together (I am loving the Disney Princess range and want some for me to play with).

The party day was one of those where a week is needed afterwards for recovery. Everything was sorted - hall booked, bouncy castle arranged, cake being made by Grandma, invites were sent some weeks ago and this last week we made sure we have covered everything from food to music to decorations. I was feeling organised. I spent Friday evening (along with a local support group meeting for adopters) making sandwiches.

In the aftermath I also remembered that the next round of contact letters are now due and so my next task was to write them which I have done and they have been posted off.

No comments:

Post a Comment