Monday, October 7, 2013

Past, present, future.

3 years ago I lost something very precious to me.

It feels like such a long time ago, I look back at the blog post I wrote directly after:
http://vicfish-thelongandwindingroad.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/highs-and-lows.html
and it feels like it was written by a robot. The posts after this one were so full of pain, anger and hopelessness. I feel like a completely different person sat here today: my life certainly it completely different to what it was and anything I could have imagined back then.

I made a conscious choice to look back at those posts and remind myself of how my life have changed since I wrote those words and I have to remind myself that although it felt like my life was over: it wasn't and I have moved on from those awful days. My world is a better place.

But, would my future look like this if I had not had the experiences of my past? Of course not. I am a stronger person for my past, I appreciate my present and I look forward to the future that lays before me.

Today I remember the past, not with the over whelming sadness that I used to but with a calm acceptance that without my past I would not have my present and my present is a wonderful place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment