Saturday, October 19, 2013

Boisterous

I am dedicating today's post to oldest small as it is his behaviour that is worrying us. The word that his pre-school room leader uses is 'boisterous'. I am so scared that he is being labelled as the 'naughty boy' as he really isn't. At pre-school they have removed him a couple of times for behaviours such as pushing other children but mainly for not listening and for not being quiet at times when quiet is required.

I have spent the week racking my brain as to that what the root cause of his issues might be as he is not a naughty child, he is not an unkind child and I refuse to believe that he would ever knowingly hurt someone else. The things that I have been through -is he hungry? His behaviour seems to take a turn for the worse in the afternoons. His lunch box is always full to bursting, I would rather he bring food home that be hungry so he takes:
sandwich (2 slices with ham, cheese, dairylea, jam etc)
cheese (a cheese string or a babybel)
2 pieces of fresh fruit
a dried fruit something (raisins, fruit winder etc) or a cereal type bar (nutragrain or harvest bar)
yoghurt or pot of custard or rice pudding
drink
and he rarely brings anything home and when he does it is usually a piece of fresh fruit so I am pretty sure that he can't be hungry (bearing in mind his preschool give him a snack of bread sticks and fruit plus either milk or water mid morning).

So, my next though was what is different for him and my first answer - his friend goes home. Since he started preschool he has developed a close friendship with one boy and they seem inseparable however he only does mornings where as K is there for 3 afternoons. Is he angry because his friend is not there? I am pretty sure that he is, especially when I look at his reaction to this friend's mum when she collects him.

So, how do I help him? I don't know, I know that his friend will be start doing 2 afternoons a week in January but at that time we will also be increasing K's hours to full time as I am returning to work and also to get him used to the hours before he starts school so I am not sure. I just want the world to see what a lovely little boy he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment