Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween

Half term is over and we are back into the swing of school and, much as I love having the children home, the routine of school is comforting and it also means I have a little bit of me time again as well as time to regain a little bit of order in the chaos that I call home. We have also enjoyed our first Halloween.

The smalls got to dress up for pre school  - one chose to be a ladybird and the other a skeleton pirate and after school I took them to nanny and grandad's to do the only trick or treating I had planned. As I never went as a child it is not something I am overly comfortable with. But we went, they were admired and sweets were eaten. I think that they may be eating those sweets until Christmas but it was nice to be able to get dressed up and make the effort.

Our big task for the season was the pumpkins. I got 4, grown by a friend and we dutifully set to with knives (me and my husband), spoons and hands! We had great fun chopping the tops off and scooping out their insides before carving out the faces that the smalls drew for us. After bath time, in the dark they were loaded with tea lights and we all marvelled at them, another something we had done as a family, another first.

In other news, oldest small had his first party initiation from a friend at school this week and he is really excited about going. After the problems with behaviour at the end of last term it has been nice that he has returned to his lovely 'good' self with his key workers even complimenting his helping sat tidy up time. He still has blips but he is 4 years old and no is perfect all the time.

We are also trying to quell our excitement as we see the shops starting to go in to Christmas mode, more about in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment