Thursday, November 28, 2013

Planning Ahead

I am a great one for planning ahead, I like to know what is going to happen, when and all the details surrounding, I do get overly nervous when I don't know so today I have 'bitten the bullet' so to speak and completed the application form for a school place for our oldest today.

We have taken a great deal of time and care looking at local schools - we have looked at websites, visited the sites and talked to lots of other parents with children who have attended, are attending or want to attend the various schools around us. Mainly we have listened to our eldest whom we have tried to involve as much as possible and he has clearly stated a preference for one school. It is one of the smaller schools (although not the smallest). It has lovely outdoor facilities which suit his interests and his love of being outside running about perfectly. It also has a swimming pool which has blown my mind! I have never come across a school that wasn't private with a swimming pool and I have never attended one. When I went swimming with school it was in secondary school (so age 11 plus) and we walked to a local pool.

All of it means that once the applications opened we were ready and prepared so it was a piece of cake to get the forms filled in and sent off. What we have to do now is wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment