Friday, July 18, 2014

A Proper Party

It might sound like a silly thing but the planning of a birthday party, a proper children's birthday party with all the trimmings, has been something that I have only ever dreamed of. Last year, youngest was too little and whilst oldest had a birthday in the school holidays we weren't organised enough (and maybe brave enough) to try and have one for him. This year is different. Youngest was still too young although next year she will have her turn. Oldest however wants a party, He will be 5 and so we have started to make the plans. We have a hall booked. We found a bouncy castle hire company and booked one. 

My Mum has offered to make a cake and I am planning sandwiches and other party food plus party bags, balloons and games. I am not sure who is looking forward to it most - me or oldest. I am hoping his friends can all come and with any luck the weather will be fine.

First things first, we need to do the end of term and enjoy the summer holidays.

In other news we have a case of the pox - variety: chicken. Youngest is not a happy sausage but we have calpol, pireton and number skin applications to ease the itching. I am hoping it doesn't last too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment