Monday, July 28, 2014

One year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days.

One year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days.

Tomorrow, that is how long the children have legally been ours.

It feels like much longer. There are days when I struggle to recall life before they entered our lives. There are days when I can't remember when we only used one of the three bedrooms in our house, when the lounge was toy-free, we didn't own plastic crockery and we didn't need a plastic tablecloth. I sometimes struggle to recall the time when I didn't need to make sure that I had wipes, snacks and some form of entertainment.

I do wonder what it might feel like when we have had the children as part of our lives for longer than we spent fighting for them but as that is some time away I will just have to wait and see.

I am looking forward to the next year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days. I want to enjoy ever second. 


No comments:

Post a Comment