Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Round 1

This weekend we got to enjoy an early Christmas thanks to my parents. My Dad has always been one of these unlucky souls that has to work over Christmas so we have tried to celebrate with him early when possible. This weekend was it.

We travelled the 80 something miles on Friday evening so we could wake up where we wanted to be - the naught Elf currently staying with us had stowed away and covered all the doorways at my parents house with wrapping paper so the kids had great fun bursting through it all! We did the first round of presents - I like to be there to see presents that I have chosen opened and so I always try to open presents with the giver. I also like to spread presents out to enjoy the fun more than just once on Christmas morning.

Anyway. within moments there was wrapping paper knee deep everywhere and so much excitement! Some amazing gifts come forth - an insect house for the garden a pair of massive Hulk hands, games, books and lovely outfit each plus a beautiful jewellery box for me. I do hope people liked the gifts we had chosen and made - the kids spent a lot of time making badges, pictures, wrapping paper and choosing other little things for people around us. The day went from game to game, pausing for an amazing lunch. My parents are both good with food - both having the bits they do best. Dad did a piece of rib beef that was fantastic and Mum is never going to be beaten for Yorkshire puddings. The afternoon moved on and all of sudden it was time to go out - tickets for the ice hockey had been booked as soon as we picked this weekend for our early Christmas as we all enjoy it.

Sunday was a calmer day - more games, colouring and waffles for breakfast but eventually home to leave my parents with some calm (as well as a lot less mess).

In other news we have sought some advice to help oldest with some anger management issues that he has, the visiting social worker hadn't seen us, as a family, for over a year and it was lovely to have her compliment us all from how the children have grown and developed to how well we seem to be working as a family. We are not perfect, not by a very long way, but we try.

Next step is my last 2 days at work for this year and then i can enjoy some time at home with my family enjoying Christmas all over again.

Ding DIng Round 2 . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment