Thursday, December 11, 2014

On with the show . . . . .

My Mum and I had a heated conversation yesterday about whether I could take youngest to the nativity pay at school - the one where oldest has a starring role. We have been allocated 2 tickets for the evening performance (as we requested - the afternoon performance would mean I would need to book an afternoon off work in order to attend) and my plan was always that youngest would sit on a knee for it. It is not going to be a long performance and she is only 3 plus I can take enough to entertain her quietly so that we can enjoy.

Mum, however, told me to check with the school as a the school where she works they do not allow younger siblings in to the evening performance. I find this completely unacceptable - it doesn't support working parents as if this was the case for us either one of us would miss the show or we would have to locate a babysitter.
I will check with the school however my recent communications to them about their lack of support for working parents will hopefully mean that they think about their responses and the needs of the families around the children who attend their school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment