Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A conversation


Mummy, I have been to the dinosaur park before.  
You have but not with mummy and daddy. T+D took you a long time ago.  
I came from T+D's tummy 
No, no you didn't. They were your foster careers and you lived with them for a little while before you came to live with us. 
So whose tummy did I come from? 
Her name was {insert name} 
Your friend from work?  
No, not my friend from work,. the are lots of people who share the same name.  
Is she dead? 
No darling, she isn't dead.  
How do you know? 
Because I get letters from her, she cares about you and wants to know that you are doing ok.  
Why didn't she want me? 
She did want you but she was poorly so couldn't look after you.  
But she gave me away 
She didn't give you away, you were taken away from her so that you would be looked after properly.  
Listen, grown ups sometime have children that they can't look after properly and so social services have to find thoise children homes where they are looked after.  
OK

No comments:

Post a Comment