Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Weddings: part 2

Last weekend saw the second of the wedding we have been invited to this year and it was a real family affair, children all over the place, enjoying themselves and generally adding to the day. It reminded me that I want to be able to take my children to events like this.

The bride and groom were stunning, it was wonderful to seem them so happy and for the day to have been everything they every wanted. It was also a day that they managed to keep very personal to them which made it even better. 

I also spent the remainder of the weekend with my parents, my aunt and uncle and their 4 year old Granddaughter. This included making cake (and decorating not only it but also my Mum’s kitchen and myself with it) and a trip to the zoo. If I enjoyed spending the day in Ikea with her then I really enjoyed the weekend as it reminds me of not only the joy that children can bring but also how much energy I am going to need in order to keep up.

We are still waiting for our approval panel – still another 3 weeks but I keep telling myself that we are still a lot nearer that we ever have been and with any luck these next 3 weeks will fly past. It helps that we have plenty planned including  a camping trip and a Christening.

In other news the first couple from our preparation course have been to their approval panel and are approved and waiting to be matched which is fabulous news and I wish them all the very best. The next couple is due before panel today and I have every crossed for them and then it will be our turn. The last couple will go a few weeks after us. Sadly of the 7 couples we are the only ones that remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment