Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Am I crazy?

It certainly feels like it.

On top of everything else that seems to be going on in my life at moment I am taking part in the Perkins Great Eastern Run with my friends from Ladies Circle, my husband and a few other friends to raise money for the Miscarriage Association - a charity whose services I  have had cause to use.

The sane part of me has agreed to complete the fun run, only 5km, instead of the half marathon (the thought of which fills me with dread).

So, why the MA? Not only is it the charity chosen by the National Chairwoman for Ladies Circle but it is also a charity I choose to support as I feel strongly that the service the offer to people at such a devastating time is crucial. When I found myself in the devastating situation of grieving for my lost baby the MA was the place I turned to and found so much support: it was a place to remember with people to talk about how I was feeling openly and honestly and I was understood. It was also much more available that accessing services from my GP.

So, all that leaves me to do is to ask for sponsorship:

http://www.justgiving.com/Holbeach-Ladies-Circle
I know it is cheeky but as they say, 'don't ask, don't get' and I figured every little helps. I have already had so many friends give so very generously, it reminds me that miscarriage touches so many lives and has such a devastating impact that the services the MA offer remains invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment