Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Planning Stages - Guest Lists

Today I managed to get the first round of invitations sent out - the few that I think have to post. I have tried to keep posting to a minimum based on the stupid price of stamps! It was lovely to walk them to the post box with the children and get them to post them: after all it is their occasion.

Their Christening.

I always wanted to have our children Christened and so, know that everything is legal we were able to start getting things booked. I started with the church and then a local pub for a buffet afterwards and then it was time to decide on a guest list and make the invitations. The guest list was where we had to decide. How big an occasion this was going to be? In the end we wanted it to be small and completed focused on them so we have tried to keep the invites down to the people who are going to play the biggest parts in their lives so our closest family and friends.

I am worried about the people that we can't invite, I would hate to offend any one but we don't want the children to be over faced by having too many people there and, practically, in keeping the guest list small we also limit the cost. My main fear for the day is how the children will behave in church but as it will be their day I am hoping the service can be aimed at them in a way that will keep their attention - at least for a little while and then I will have plenty of books and toys for the remainder of the time.

I am really looking forward to having a day that is all about them and that our family and friends can share as we decided early on that the celebration hearing at court was just for us and no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment