Sunday, April 6, 2014

Forwards and Backwards

With the start of the Easter holidays and a long awaited and needed break from school upon us we have so much planned.

Looking back to my second attempt at Mothers Day I have to confess that it was a bit of a let down. My husband worked a 12 hour shift so I did as any other Sunday, took the children swimming with this grandparents. We had brunch at a nearby supermarket afterwards and the afternoon was spent enjoying the sunshine in the garden. I then cooked tea, played some more, did bath time and my husband arrived home in time for story time and bed time. The only difference was the little pile of cards that the children had made along with a lovely key ring that oldest has made at preschool plus some face cream. Might not be overly glamorous but well needed and gratefully received.

Today, another Sunday, has ben much the same but the cooler and windy weather has meant more inside play and The Little Mermid on DVD. I am really looking forward to tomorrow - the only day over the next 2 weeks that I have booked off especially to spend with them and I have plans to meet a friend and do something - what we do will depend on the weather as we hoped for a day on the farm and some sunshine but we shall wait and see what the morning brings.

I am also really looking forward to visiting my parents next weekend - we are going to try again at letting the children sleep there on their own plus the Easter Weekend itself as we have a couple of fun days booked with various friends - something I always appreciate.

On another note I have been asked to offer support, advise and comfort to other potential adopters by friends as well as our social worker. I am happy to try and help, as much as I can: I just hope that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment