Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Special Treat

Some years ago I sat and watched an advert on the TV. At that time the prospect of having children was at the forefront of my mind but it was birth children that were still my dream. I saw that advert and I promised myself that I would take my children. Roll forward some years and the past is different to the future that I had in mind that day but the aspiration remained. Last weekend I took them to see Disney on Ice.


It was amazing. 2 hours, with an interval of singing, skating and laughter. We saw Cars driving about on the ice, the cast of Frozen skating in the snow and the Little Mermaid surrounded by bubbles plus, my personal favourite, Mickey and Minnie Mouse comparing the whole thing. I could have cried with joy watching the amazement on their faces as the whole things presented itself before them and my feeling mean for saying no to the concession stands melted away.


I have to point out that I am usually one for reasonable treats when it comes to special occasions but the pricing of all the merchandise and Disney labelled confectionary meant that we had sweets that I took with me and portions of chips from the normal concession stand. My only exception was a programme which came with a pair of Mickey Mouse ears which I wore for the afternoon to prevent arguments.



But it was an amazing experience and one that I was happy to be able to share with my children. Plus I get to keep my Mickey Mouse ears and wear them around the house as much as I like


No comments:

Post a Comment