Monday, November 21, 2011

Weight Loss Update

I have just spent a fabulous long weekend with my wonderful husband visiting Edinburgh as well as some friends who live there. We were able to see some amazing things, beautiful places and interesting exhibits but we were also free to eat as we pleased. My favourite meal was a special treat for Andrew's birthday - lunch at The Witchery in their Garden Room. The food was absolutely fantastic and better haggis with neeps and tatties will never be found elsewhere.
Moving back to today my diet had been going so very well with only a few minor blibs but I made the choice to allow myself some freedom with the intention of starting again this morning with a new week and with a renewed vigour looking forward to my next weigh in on the 30 November. What I did allow was a Wii weigh in (something I am not allowing myself to do very often) on Thursday before we left - 6lbs lost, making my total 10lbs. I was over the moon as it showed me that my efforts were making a difference.
My plan this week is to do 2 weeks on the cereal plan - so that is cereals for breakfast and lunch and then a proper dinner. I am not expecting this to be a hardship as I do really like cereals and I have some really nice 'good for me' cereals to choose from. Once these 2 weeks are finished I will go back to my cereals for breakfast and a healthy lunch followed by a healthy dinner.
The tool I have found invaluable is myfitnessplan.com which has allowed me to track what I eat and the exercise I do as well as to make choices about what I eat - it has given me the chance to see in direct comparison the things I like and how much I can realistically eat. My conclusion from this tool is that I was eating too much - my diet wasn't awful but there was just too much of it.
My other big change has to be increase the amount of exercise I do. I am into the habit of getting up 20 minutes earlier each morning and doing a Zumba routine which  means the minimum weekly exercise is 1 hour and 40 minutes and then when I have chance I do what I can in the evenings. My respite is the weekend when I allow myself at least one full day off although I don't include of of my household chores like cleaning into this.

At the moment I am still feeling very positive I might not make 2 stone for Christmas but I will still have made a dam good start at it. I am starting to feel better and my clothes have already started to feel 'too big' plus I have not lost sight on my end goal . . .

2 comments:

  1. Oh fabulous, well done you. I am training for a 10k run in May, so will join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! myfitnesspal is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete