Monday, November 28, 2011

Adoption UK

My job this weekend was to sort my membership to this organisation and subscribe to their magazine. According to their website:
Adoption UK is a national charity run by and for adopters, providing self-help information, advice, support and training on all aspects of adoption and adoptive parenting. 
We work with parents and practitioners to make adoptions succeed, promoting loving and supportive family relationships within adoptive families.

http://www.adoptionuk.co.uk/

This was recommended by the social worker we saw as well as other people we have met that have followed the adoption route and we have been very lucky that my mum offered to make this as post of our Christmas present. My hope is that I will be able to, with our membership, access their discussion boards and talk to people in the same situation as me,  people who really understand and can offer guidance, advice and support. In time I hope that I will be able to return this as I proceed through the process and, hopefully, come out the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment