Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

14 February again, how quickly time flies past you when you are not paying too much attention to it.

This year we exchanged cards at 5.17am - when Andrew got up and had his shower before leaving for work. I was once again suitably impressed with the hand made, glitter encrusted master piece that he had spent time and effort making (although my advice for next time would be to let it dry fully before putting it in the envelope).

I really can't remember how we spent Valentines Day last year - it was a Monday and we both went to work but I can be sure that we spent it in a different way to today's plan. I was in a very different place in my own head, not a good place.

Which leads me to the plan for this evening - preparing for our social workers first visit for our first home study assessment appointment. We already spent the weekend cleaning (although thanks to my cats the kitchen floor has got to be done again) and yesterday Andrew even made a real start in the garden so I feel prepared and, for the moment, surprisingly not nervous. I know how much we have put into this process already and I have a good idea of how much more will be needed before it is over and I am ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment