Friday, March 23, 2012

Summer Dreams

This summer I hit the big 3-0 and strangely I am really looking forward to it. I decided that I wanted to really celebrate in a way I have not done since I turned 18. I wanted a party. A proper, no holds barred with music and dancing, party.

In the hope that I could fulfil a few other dreams I decided to go for a 1940s/1950s theme with the music, the dancing and the dresses. I have always dreamed of a really beautiful silk full circle dress, one that I can sping round and round whilst wearing with petticoats and have the dress spin with me. For months I have been looking for it. I found one on a well known but expensive shop website in the UK but decided to be brave with a Chinese made reproduction.

It arrived this week – weeks earlier than I expected it to and you can only imagine my excitement when I realised what my parcel was. The colour was perfect, it fit and the manufacture was exactly as expected (decent quality for what I paid). The sad thing is that, although my underwear has also arrived and I have found the perfect shoes I have not had chance to try the whole outfit together yet - this is job for when there is someone in the house to admire and get excited with me. Sadly excitement on your own just doesn't have the same fun level.

I also think that I am seeing this event with a dual purpose, yes to celebrate and have a wonderful time but I am also hopeful. I am hoping that by then (11 weeks away) I will have news to share with the people I care about.. I am not naive enough to think that we will have seen approval panel by then but my hope is that we will be able to have a date by then. I know that it might not be like that but June will be 6 months since the start of the preperation course and I would like to see the next big milestone in the road towards our goal.

In other news I have a great weekend coming up - Gloucester, re-enactment and friends. Plus a (hopefully) nice B+B. I can't think of a better way to start the summer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment