Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Confessions

This weekend we were booked to visit my parents, which we were really looking forward to, as we have been so busy we have not had a lot of time to see them. So, Saturday morning we packed up, drove the 80 or so miles and arrived. During the drive we had made a choice, a choice to tell our parents the names of our children as we decided it was time to share a little bit more and because I wanted to share in person rather than over the phone and the time I see them will be 22 December.

However, on arrival we were greeted by my parents with a confession. One of a shopping nature. They introduced us to Mr Giraffe with a note that said:
Hello, my name Mr Giraffe, I have run away from the zoo and I thought it would be nice to come and live with you.
He is the most amazing thing I have ever come across.

This confession continued with a pair of gorgeous teddy bears, a pair of rug tugs, a pull along grasshopper, some mega blocks and a fabulous circus play tent. Bringing everything home and placing it in the bedrooms was such a special moment as these things are ready to be played with.

After all that I was pleased to have made the choice to share a little bit more as our excitement really is shared by those closest to us as well.

We then took ourselves to visit Andrew’s parents to share this with them as well. It was lovely to be able to do so and we can’t wait until December comes and we can start to share more with other family and friends.

In other news a round robin from the 3 other couples came yesterday and all 3 will have their children placed in the next 4 weeks – it is such wonderful news and an amazing Christmas present for each of those families. I hope that everything goes well and this is the best Christmas ever for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment