Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Cards

This year I made a choice not to send Christmas cards for 2 reasons.
1)      Have you seen the price of stamps?
2)      Time – with all the paperwork we have had time was at a premium

I am still doing cards for family, mostly hand delivered by us or by someone doing the visiting thing. Instead, for everyone else, I will wish everyone a Merry Christmas in person firstly using t his blog, Facebook and in person and I will make my stamp money a donation to a charity who I am starting to work more and more with – Adoption UK.


Christmas this year feels like a strange one, we are planning for it to be our last one as a family of 2, we sorted out presents in October knowing that the plan was for placement in January which meant that December was our month to buy the things we need like car seats, bed linen, decorative bedroom bits and all the necessaries children need for eating, drinking, sleeping and generally being safe in the house. We have done this – our spare bedrooms are spare no longer but rather filled with child friendly furniture, rugs and the bits and pieces of toys and books we are collected on the way.

Last year after Christmas I made the effort to hand make cards for this year – enough cards so as I didn’t have to worry about them in case we were too busy as I like the idea of hand made cards and the effort and thought that goes into them. The nice thing is that I will have them for next year.

In other news my job is no longer at risk of redundancy which has lifted a huge weight from my shoulders. With only 3 sleeps before matching panel I couldn't have got that news at a better time.

So, wishing you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest and most prosperous of New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment