Saturday, April 20, 2013

Holidays

We have returned from our first family holiday - it has been a crazy week and much as we have had some fun I a not sure I want to repeat it. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I went but I am also pleased to be home. We stayed in a gorgeous house with stunning views and easy walking distance of plenty of things to do locally.

We wanted to have so much fun, to see so much and do something all the time and I think we forgot that they are still toddlers - they don't have limitless energy and being in a shared house which is unfamiliar with other people as well as sharing a bedroom with each other will not lead to a good nights sleep. Bed time was our most challenging time as their routine says that they go to bed at the same time but this meant that they kept each other awake with giggling and laughing. The same was true of the morning - whoever woke up first woke the other one up meaning one had less sleep that they needed. We did try a couple of different things especially in light of the events of the week but I have to confess that nothing beats being a home and them sleeping in their beds.

Sadly our youngest small was poorly with a tummy bug which meant we were house bound for 2 days whilst still trying to make sure that eldest small had the chance to get out, see things and burn off some steam.

Our other nightmare was a tumble - oldest small and I tripped each other up and ended up worst for wear although magic cream, a plaster and half a bag of jelly beans worked to calm him down however I can't help feeling a bit guilty in case it was my fault and I keep asking myself if I could have caught him and stopped him banging his face. In the heat of the moment I didn't even realise that I was hurt, all I wanted to do was comfort him and make sure he was ok.

I think our best day of the week was the second day - a trip to a local farm which also housed lots of different toys from outside ride ons to old fashioned games and a giant ball pool. Not a pool of large balls but a massive room filled with balls so deep you could swim in them! My husband reverted to his inner child and had a wonderful time. The whole day started with muddy puddles and wellie boots and just got better and better.

Other memorable moments include oldest small 'swallow diving' fully clothes into the sea - he was so wet we had to pour the water out of his wellies and wring out all his trousers and socks. We also went on a dragon hunt around Tintagel - a truly beautiful place which I would love to visit again when they are older, have longer legs and more tolerance for the wind.

In other news we have received a court date for the adoption hearing - 3 months away but I am sure time will fly past us.

No comments:

Post a Comment