Monday, September 9, 2013

Birthdays - Round 2

Finally, after much waiting it was oldest small's birthday. He has been waiting since he moved in with us to have his birthday and I think it is, in his mind, a test to see how we perform against his previous experiences. We have tried our best.

His actual birthday was during a camping weekend and a big fuss was made as one set of grandparents were there as was one aunt and that meant he got some cards and presents plus we had cake, singing and the bumps. As we were a long way from home we decided to wait until we got home before having a proper birthday for him - presents, another cake and a friend round to play with a picnic tea.

It brought me such joy to see his face light up when he saw his bike and even more so when we got it outside for a ride (despite being still in pyjamas!) The one downside of the day was a wasp sting - right on the end of a finger whilst using his bike but after a lot of TLC and some magic cream he was brave enough to get back in the saddle.

I am looking forward to more birthdays, especially the setting of traditions and one day I would love to do another first, a proper birthday party with kids running riot all over the place but I might wait a couple of years before I am brave enough to try that.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely memory. I remember riding my first bike in my pjs, accompanied by the milkman! (It was stupid o'clock in the morning!)

    ReplyDelete