Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Relief

Today a large envelope arrived in the post, an envelope I was not sure would arrive nor, if it did, whether I would be happy with the contents. It was the contact letters from some of the children's birth family.

I sat to read them and was terrified but it as completely unnecessary as they letters are excellent. They are written to my husband and I and they have responded to our letter as well as included Christmas wishes. I was so relieved I could have cried.

I know that we had already decided not to read the letter to the children, they never speak of their birth families and neither can remember attending the contact centre to see any of them but I will be keeping them safe in case the children ask and want to read them in the future.

The next round are not until well into the new year so I have time to draft, re-write and then write again before they need to be sent off but I am feeling a lot better about getting responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment