Friday, December 13, 2013

Direct Contact, Round 2

I can so hear the bell dinging when I think about the next round of direct contact. After last time we requested a completely different format. Instead of allowing the children to have the freedom of a soft play centre where we occasionally lost sight of the children and were concerned about what they might be talking about we requested a shorter meeting over a meal. This was agreed and should have taken place during October half term but due to differences in half terms holidays across county borders and issues with in social services it didn't happen.

The children's old social worker remains the social worker for their older sibling and she has taken control and sorted it out for next weekend and I am nervous. We have not told the children we are meeting him yet and we will not until we get in the car to go but I am worried about the after effects especially being so close to Christmas as I really do not want anything to spoil their current run of decent behaviour. Don't get me wrong, they are not angels. We have tantrums, they don't listen, they push boundaries and this we have time outs plus other consequences but all normal for children of their age. But, we have identified that most of the bad behaviour happens with the children are either tired or frustrated with something which is making it easier to manage as well as prevent from getting blown out of proportion.

But, I am still nervous and I am hoping that this contact with be a positive one, especially after the positive indirect contact that we have recently had so I plan to go open minded and try to make it as positive as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment