Monday, December 30, 2013

Normality. Or something that looks like it.

Now that Christmas is complete and we have started to de-Christmas the house as well as the 'ready for the new year' deep clean I am reminded on the next big event that is looming ever closer to me.

I have to go back to work.

I know how lucky I have been to be able to take a full 12 months off work to be at home with my children and I have done everything I can to enjoy every single moment but now that it is days away rather than weeks or months I am overwhelmed with a feeling of guilt at leaving them. But, no matter how I feel, working full time is normality for us. We have accepted that it will take the children time to get used to it and will plan accordingly.

We decided very carefully how to manage child care and what would work best not only for us but for the children as well - we have been keen to keep them in the pre school where they are happy as much as possible whilst taking into account what hours we need to cover because of the hours that we both have to work.

Honestly, I wish that I didn't have to go back to work or that I could afford to do 3 or even 4 days a week instead of 5 but I can't. Neither my job nor our bank balance can accept it and so I need to make the best of the situation. Which means that the time I do have it spent as wisely as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment