Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Lessons Learned. 2014, a new chapter.

In closing last year and re-opening for this one I wanted to record some of the things that I have learnt in the last 12 months, 12 months in which my life has been completed changed.

1) I am slowly turning into my mother. Frightening but hopefully not the end of the world. My theory being that I am not a crazed criminal mastermind or raving lunatic so she must have done something right.
2) I am surrounded by some amazing people in my family and friends. Enough said, they know who they are and some have been completed unexpected.
3) Housework, of my lack of completing it, will not kill me nor will anyone suffer for it.
4) My children are amazing, I need to give them more credit as well as more trust. The progress made in the last 12 months has been astounding and this is going to be a big year with me returning to work as well as oldest starting school in September.
5) My husband is the unsung hero in my world. I don't say enough how much I rely on him and I really should.

Next, my 2014 plan.

Maybe a lot more of the same in the spirit of trying to make it even better. There are still things we want to work on. Having the ability to change the children's routine especially for things like camping, parties and other special occasions would be really helpful. I want to carry on taking photographs of all the things that we are doing - my scrapbook of 2013 is something I will treasure forever and I expect 2014 to be just as good (hopefully better).

As an aside, if I can manage work on top of everything else I might moon-light as Wonder Woman as soon as I have some free time.

1 comment: