Saturday, February 1, 2014

An expedition

Today we have been on an expedition to a large, well known retailer of toys. We were looking for ideas for youngest as it is soon to be her 3rd birthday and her second since she came home. It is exciting as this starts the round of 'seconds', that is the second of everything that they have had with us like birthdays, Easter, summer and will end with Christmas. We are really hoping that once we have had round 2 that they children will be even more settled and that they might start to accept that this really is forever.

Anyway, back to the expedition. We needed ideas. We had already planned to get her a proper bike which is on order (I am beyond excited as she is going to be over the moon when she sees it) but we wanted other ideas so we figured wandering round and seeing what she liked the look of. It didn't really work. She liked everything and nothing. I keep looking at the toys that I loved as a child - lego, play mobil, sylvanian families, my little pony - and I can't remember how old I was when I played with these things.

I think there is a lot more work to do but all of it is going to be lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment