Thursday, September 25, 2014

Playing Hairdressers

I know you shouldn't laugh but in this instance I couldn't help myself. Excusing myself from all ears I had to laugh. Why? Because my oldest child allowed his younger sister to cut his hair. Just one long stripe of hair from the from of his head with a beard trimmer. Down to mm. When Nanny wasn't looking. He actually sat still whilst she, aged 3 and a half, took a trimmer to his head.

The evidence was under his desk, no attempt had been made to hide it but what I can't work out is how they managed to get the beard trimmer down from the top shelf in the bathroom. I thought it was completely out of reach. Obviously I was wrong. Very, very wrong. The step has been removed from the bathroom as they can both reach the toilet and the sink without it.

I did ask why he stopped a the single stripe - he keeps insisting he wants his hair cut like his daddy's. He wouldn't tell me.

My choices were - leave it to grow out (and leaving him looking ever so slightly silly whilst it does) or shave it all off?
I desperately don't want to shave his hair off, he has lovely hair and he is so handsome with it plus with school photos next week I worry what he will look like. But, on the other hand, he does look silly and that isn't really very nice for him. A shaved head is going to be colder that his head of hair and it could look messy as it grows out. 

Tonight I bit the bullet and did it - number 2 all over. I don't like it but it looks neater.

No comments:

Post a Comment