Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My birthday - The Big 3-0

Sadly my actual birthday fell on a weekday which meant a very normal day of getting up and going to work. The difference today was cake! I spent most of yesterday morning making a collection of edible treats to take in to the office to brighten the day. My version of Angel cake (not with pink and cream coloured slices but with green and red and topped off with blue butter cream icing) certainly did the trick.

So how do I feel now that I have progressed into the next decade of my life? Surprisingly optimistic. This is the first birthday in about 3 years where I can see forward progress, a roadway leading to a future and a future I am exited by. I am not longer bemoaning the loss of years to a fruitless quest but looking forward to this being the year where we are approved as adopters and a suitable match is found and that this is my last birthday before I can be a mum (I know it might take longer but I am living with hope that there is a suitable family out there for us).

Tomorrow I am looking forward to an evening organised by my friends from Holbeach and District Ladies Circle (www.ladies-circle.org.uk). These ladies have been fabulous friends since I joined then and I would recommend Circle to any one looking for a way to become more involved in their local community as well as making friends and having a lovely time. 

Anyway wait for Sunday and part 2 - My birthday - The Party. The bit I am really excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment