Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Birthday - The Party

This party has been planned for what seems like forever. The day dawned clear with a bit of sunshine (and luckily no rain)  and my day was planned to the very minute including a hair appointment so I could look and feel my very best. My nails and feet were done the night before on my way home from work and my hair was dyed to remove all trace of blonde roots earlier in the week. My dress was already hung in view - it has been sat in the wardrobe for so long and I was desperate to wear it. I already had a house full of guests and they were troopers helping out with everything,

Once we got into the hall it was 'manyhands making light work' as the see up was done in what felt like record time. There was bunting, balloons and more more food than I planned for thanks to a number of kind gifts in that direction. The entertainment - a group called Memphis Belle arrived and did their thing. The plan was for a 1940s night. I had been a little nervous over the last couple of days as a number of friends and family had been forced to cry off (here's hoping my nephew is feeling a lot better very soon and that a knee heals as well) and there were missed but in the end there were plenty and the hall seemed really busy. It was also really amazing how many people made the effort to give the theme a go and do the dressing up thing. The music started, the dancing started, food got eaten and time just flew by. There have been some great parties for all occasions but from where I am sitting that ranks amongst the best.

This week has been a blur to be honest - dinner with my husband on Wednesday, spending Thursday evening with my friends from Holbeach Ladies Circle (who treat me to a fantastic night and an amazing meal plus an incredibly thoughtful gift of scrapbooking goodies), then Friday with family and a couple of extra special extras and Saturday surrounded  by many more. Sadly we also had to say a goodbye on Friday. My Grandfather passes away in the early hours. He was 97, sick and very tired and hopefully he is now resting in peace.

So, here I am at 7.28 sat in bed with hair like a crows nest (far too much hairspray) listening to the snores of the houseful of people and thanking my lucky stars that I have family and friends of the quality of mine. I am, indeed, one lucky girl.

I can't wait to see the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment