Sunday, June 24, 2012

A reflection

I wrote these words a few days ago, before a good friend lost her soul mate tragically and unexpectedly far too early. It does bring things into perspective a little bit as although I lost and my loss was of a different kind I should be grateful for what I have.

Anyway, I thought to leave my original workds as this was how I was feeling when I wrote them.

Do you still wish a ‘Happy Birthday’ to someone no longer with you? Do you wish a ‘Happy Birthday’ to someone who never ‘legally’ existed?
The way I feel right now I don’t really care.
Today my baby should have been a year old. Today I should be celebrating with a cake, with balloons, with presents and with love.
Today I am not.
Today I am remembering what might have been. Not with the all encompassing grief that the my miscarriage caused but with a quiet sadness that reminds me that although I still have a future, albeit very different, it does not mean that I have forgotten the past nor do I no longer think about what might have been.

So Happy First Birthday to my angel in Heaven, may you always be safe and may you know that you are loved. 

Counting my blessings:
my husband
my health
my family and my friends

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment