Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Looking forwards - a list of the little things

Just a list of all the things that I am looking forward to that can be real in less than 3 weeks time. The big things speak for themselves but I want to appreciate the little things, I don't want to take anything for granted.

1) bath time - I want to get water and bubbles everywhere and all children should have crazy hair using shampoo bubbles. My dad called them 'spikey Normans' for some reason.

2) story time, even if it is the same story I read yesterday, the day before and the day before that. We have been given some lovely books including many I remember from my own childhood.

3) meals times with food all over the place, as long as the food is enjoyed.

4) goodnight kisses.

5) sitting downstairs with the TV on really quiet so we don't wake them.

6) tiny clothes - shopping for them, washing and ironing them, choosing them to wear each day.

7) playing games with make believe everything from food to money to jungles to animals.

8) jumping in puddles. I don't care if they are muddy. That is why some invented Wellington boots.

9) swings, roundabouts, climbing frames and all manner of outdoor play.

10) Introducing our family to family and friends: it is going to be a while before we can but it will be worth the wait.

11) last but by no means least: feeding the ducks. And any other animals that happen to be hungry that they are allowed to feed.

My countdown now stands are 4.5 days at work and 7 sleeps until we meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment