Sunday, June 23, 2013

A self indulgent moment

My focus on the positive has really helped me to take each day as it comes and to focus on the all the wonderful things that life is bringing me but today is an anniversary that I want to remember.

2 years ago, on this date, I should have been celebrating the birth of my first child. Sadly I lost that child early in my pregnancy and so my life is very different to what I imagined when I first found out that I was pregnant.

I refused to take time away from my children, my husband and the joy of attending the Christening of the daughter of good friends to be so self indulgent so I have waited until the day is nearly over, the sun is going down and they are all sleeping after a fabulous day.

The future is out there, it is mine for the taking and I fully intend it to grasp it with both hands and enjoy every second but for one moment I want to remember the life that nearly was, to feel sadness that it never came to be and remind myself that it is ok. Tomorrow is a new day and one to treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment