Friday, June 28, 2013

Sometimes the over looked thing is the answer you need.

A few weeks ago, for the 4th time since placement we ended up taking youngest small to the doctors with a hacking cough, chesty wheezing and suspected chest infection. Luckily I finally got to see the 'good' doctor at the surgery and no longer was I being fobbed off with the line 'she was a prem baby so she will be susceptible to chest complaints' and then being given steroid tablets and antibiotics.

He gave me an answer. A really simple answer. One had no thought of as it was so simple that I expected previous doctors to have already considered it and discounted it.

Asthma.

I came away with the expected steroid tablets and antibiotics but also a preventative inhaler and a referral to the asthma clinic and I am hoping that it helps as listening to her being poorly is heart breaking.

Today we visited that clinic and saw a lovely nurse who was so helpful. She was able to discuss asthma and relate it to her as well as offer me specific advice to help manage this without letting it affect her day to day living.

No comments:

Post a Comment