Friday, June 21, 2013

Father's Day

I know it is a little bit late but I feel I need to dedicate a post to my long suffering husband. This year was the first year that we were able to celebrate Father's Day for him.

The run up was great fun - the children love making cards and as this is a hobby of mine I have boxes of supplies (added to all the crafty bits that they have been bought as gifts) so we cracked them out and spent some time making. What was great fun was that we could make cards for Grandads as well. There was PVA and stickers and crayons everywhere by the time we were finished but the end results were fabulous.

On the actual Sunday we were camping (again) and the weather was glorious. Our oldest small had great fun delivering cards to his Daddy and his Grandad and was proud to say that he had made them! All of them, even the ones that I had made. I had also managed to get the children to choose a small gift each. Youngest chose a 'world's best dad' mug: mainly as she has just learnt to use a proper cup without missing her mouth with every 3rd mouthful. Oldest following his superheros and chose a toiletries set covered in various superheros. Daddy loved them both.

I can't wait to do it all again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment