Sunday, April 29, 2012

Infertility Awareness Month

Infertility is a heart-wrenching, faith-questioning,
relationship-testing, life-altering experience. April
is Infertility Awareness Month. Whether a friend, a
family member, a colleague or yourself has fought
through this difficult fate that MILLIONS of
... women and men are fighting day in and day out.
These ladies and gentlemen have walked to hell
and back for the chance to be a Mummy - but for
some they aren't so fortunate. ♥


Infertility is a huge thing in my life, it is a black cloud that has surrounded me for such a long time and it is the cause of my depression, heart ache and devastation. The piece above says a lot but I don't think it really emphasises the true destruction power that infertility has.

I also want to mention a friend, an online friend who I have never met in the real world, who has been dealt a crushing blow this week. Her husband has no sperm and so her chances of having a baby of her own are in tatters. Their options are to use a donor or to adopt. I want to offer her all the love and support in the world but there is nothing I can do or say that will make her pain any easier to deal with.

I guess I am lucky that I have a future, I have a plan to move on and although it is taking time there is something for me to continue to work towards. There are some who are not eligible to take the steps that I have nor are they able to do so for whatever reason, I wish that was not the case but sadly it is. This does not take away my pain. It does not make it any less. It does not mean that all is now well. Adoption comes with its own problems. 

I have already done a post on here some where about infertility etiquette, things not to say and do and the like, and I want to remind people of it:


Do me a favour. Read It. Remember it. And think before you open your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment