Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Today is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day, and I'll be joining the international Wave of Light in memory of my angel and all the other little ones across the world who've been lost during pregnancy, birth and infancy. To take part in the Wave of Light, just light a candle for an hour between 7-8pm.
 
2 years ago I suffered my only loss - somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks after infertility treatments and at the time it felt like my world had ended. I can look back today and realise that although my world didn't end it was the worst period of my life as I had to come to terms with the end of the pregnancy just as I was getting excited about it and my inability to have children at all. Then, as now, I had the most amazing support from the people around me - from those family and friends who are closest to me as well as people from the outskirts of life who added the support and love and helped me to come to terms with my loss and to heal.
 
Yesterday, with a number of friends, I completed the Great Eastern Run in Peterbough. Of the group of 7, 2 completed the half marathon in less than 2 hours and 15 minutes and the rest of us completed the fun run in 65 minutes. Not bad for a lady on crutches (not me, our inspirational team leader!) Together we have raised over £1000 in sponsorship and done our very best to achieve as much publicity for the Miscarriage Association as possible so to support them in support others who have suffered such a loss. I was incredibly proud to stand as part of such a great team.
 
Today I want to say thank you. And to lit my candle and remember.
 
Tomorrow I continue on my journey a better person for the experiences I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment