Monday, February 4, 2013

2 weeks!

I have sat down this evening and realised that it has been a while since I updated my blog in a calm and none emotional so I figured it was about time. I also realised that they have been home for over 2 weeks and they have flown by.

The last 2 days have been the hardest for 2 reasons. Firstly my husband had to go back to work yesterday meaning I had to manage on my own and secondly because the littlest one is poorly. The last 2 weeks have seen some amazing highs - the smiles, the laughs, the cuddles and kisses are more than I ever dreamed of. Starting to introduce them to people has been challenging but worth it and we have cracked bath time and 95% of meal times for which I am over the moon. We have managed a trip to the park, play time in the snow (and a huge snowman), shopping and walks. What I need to do know is be confident enough to take them out on my own. Today was the first time I tried it and it was to the doctors which could have been better - when we left the poorly one was grumpy and other one screaming due to the lack of attention and the telling off for playing up.

I know that the social workers are happy as the children are testing their boundaries with us and we are trying to be as consistent as possible. My mantras today has been 'count to 10' and 'it is a test, they want to know we are there for them'. I know that they can be well behaved children, I have seen it! I am hoping with time those children will come back as they will be a joy to take places and do things with. It really does make me feel better when they say we are doing ok and that they have no concerns especially give the bruises - they are both so boisterous that they keep appearing!

I am hoping to try again tomorrow - sleep, weather and behaviour permitting but I am really looking forward to my husband's next day off work as well as the start of pre school for the oldest.

Roll on the next 2 weeks and the 2 weeks after them as things can only get better and we have lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment