Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Medical assessment

I knew when we started this process I would need a detailed medical assessment and my appointment with my GP was this morning.

My appointment was this morning and despite the doctor running over half an hour late I have not had an appointment as nice as that in a very, very long time. He was brilliant. He filled in the forms honestly but with a mind to what we are doing. I mentioned the concern I have over my weight and he reassured me that I was going in the right direction - according to his scales I have lost a further 3 and a half pounds since I was weighed at the beginning of December and he made a note that I was making a real effort and that my weight would have no impact on my ability to look after a child - I could have hugged him!

A lot of my fears have been focused on this element of the process and they were all unnecessary. My blood pressure was fine, my previous medical history was as expected and there are no family related concerns.

I hope that they fact that I asked for some counselling and did a course and CBT and counselling when things were a bit rough with the infertility and miscarriage will go in my favour as I have the ability to ask for help and take that help on board and turn things around.
Next step is to look forward to the last 3 days of our preparation course.

1 comment:

  1. Oh fan fing tasting. I am so relieved for you as I know you were concerned about it. Hooray!

    Onwards!

    ReplyDelete