Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Step 2 - The Preparation Course: My Preparation

It sounds daft but since the invitation to join the preparation course in January we have had a fair bit to do by way of form completion including:
actual application forms
NSPCC checks forms
Adult Medical forms etc etc etc

I am still really pleased that I am as organised as I am as they have all be received, completed and returned by both email and paper copy with in 48 hours. I figured it shows that we are organised (never a bad thing) as well as prepared for this stage of what needs to happen. I am also hoping that us moving a as quickly as we can means the process might be a bit quicker overall. There doesn't seem to be any guidance anywhere about what order things are done or when they are done in the process.

So, the day before I spent frantically preparing myself. I made sure all the paperwork was filed and in order, I made my contribution towards the lunch buffet (cheese stars (like cheese straws but star shaped) and jam tarts) and I spent an age trying to decide what to wear! My vanity is usually tempered by what is available in the wardrobe and the occasion but this was different - did I go for business smart (my normal work wear), a more casual jeans and tee look, something in between, are leggings too casual, is that skirt too short (even over leggings), how much time will I need to spend on my feet so do I want flat shoes, heels - sounds daft but I figured that my appearance would be the first impression the social workers got of me and I wanted it to be a good one.

In the end I decided on skinny jeans, a jersey dress and a cardigan with knee gh black boots.

I also spent today, the day before, cooking! Our invitation letter asked for us to provide a contrinution towards the lunch for everyone and after much thought and many opinions I decided to make cheese stars and a mix of jam and lemon curd tarts.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment