Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Messy Meals

My experiences over the last few months has armed me with the knowledge of the messiest meals, here are a few of mine in the hope that it can raise a smile and to remind myself to smile when I have to clear up the mess left behind.

1) Rice
doesn't seem to matter what sort of rice, whether it has sauce or not it always ends up coating the floor, the table and the children.

2) Spaghetti
that is the long stuff! I used to chop it up but it made no difference so I leave it long and let it whip about as they eat it - a tomato based sauce has to be used for maximum effect.

3) Strawberries and cream
the messiest bit of this item is actually the cream. The children moved in with the knowledge that they can drink the milk from the bowl once they have finished their breakfast cereal so the cream was just the next step up however it is a lot thicker and equates to a lot more mess.

4) Ribs
my absolute favourite messy meal. When they are covered in a sticky sauce and eating with the hands - not fingers, the whole of both hands, they end up everywhere but never fails to make me laugh

5) Corn on the cob
the children love this and it another 'eat with both hands' experience - a good reason not to add extra butter!

So, what are your messy meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment