Monday, July 22, 2013

The Summer Holidays

This week the pre school breaks up. The summer holidays start and that means the children do not have pre school until September. 6 weeks where I need to make sure that we do not go insane and that we have plenty to do.

My list of things to do goes as follows:
* Swimming. We already go once a week, I can increase that to twice if I need to
* I have booked 4 mornings of child care at the pre school for them to give them (as well as me) a break and some contact with other friends
* Library - once again we already go once a week but I can keep that going
* The beach. Maybe not every week but we are lucky that we have a chose of a couple of different beaches within an hours drive so we have that as a day trip option and if we take a picnic it will be at no extra cost.
* Local woods and nature reserves. We are again lucky to have a couple of options within an hours drive.
* Zoo, only a once but still great for a day out
* Visits and Visitors, we can do both as it feels like different people and locations means that even when the activities are the same they are still shiny and new and as much fun as ever. I am also hoping to arrange some play dates for the children with their friends from pre school.

If all else fails we still have a massive amount we can do at home. The garden is open providing the weather remains kind. I also have paints, play dough, card making and other crafty activities lined up with out even starting on 'normal' toys. I am also lucky that the children like to help so whilst housework might take longer they will help sort the washing, dust and polish, clean their toys and the bath plus they have toy hoovers while I use the big one.

Come back in 6 weeks to see if I succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment